IMMIGRANT PROFESSIONALS CONFERENCE 2023
OCTOBER 28 AT UBC ROBSON SQUARE
Many thanks to all of the attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, staff, and volunteers who joined us for this year's IPC. We look forward to seeing you at the next event!
This year, MOSAIC’s Immigrant Professional Conference (IPC) highlights the advantages of being an immigrant and explores the reasons why companies look forward to hiring them. Now on its 13th year, the IPC invites you to participate and join the discussions revolving around the theme of The Immigrant Advantage.
Canada has long been a nation of immigrants and communities have been enriched with the talents that newcomers bring with them.
Through motivational speakers, employer panel talks and discussions, the Conference will feature the following topics:
- Talent diversity which enhances workplace performance
- Advantages of diverse and inclusive businesses over homogenous ones
- Increased innovation and creativity through diverse perspectives
- Better risk management and ability to withstand and grow through economic changes
What to expect from attending this Conference:
- Greater knowledge on advantages of immigrants
- Enhanced confidence of international work experience and education
- Tips and strategies on upskilling
- Advice on how to become more competitive in the job market
- Learning the hiring practices and policies in the industry of your choice
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Information on services and resources that will help your career development
“In today’s ever-changing business environment, the ability to adapt to sudden and unforeseen events can mean the difference between survival and failure. Immigrants come with a proven ability to adapt.” – Colin Singer, September 18, 2021, Immigration.ca
Keynote & Presenters
Look Who's Speaking
Presenter: Immigrant Career Journeys - Dialogue Between Two Educators about Change and Resilience
MOSAIC is grateful to host this year’s Immigrant Professionals Conference (IPC) on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. We acknowledge that these lands have been a place of community, work and learning for generations. We would like to invite you to discover the beautiful city of Vancouver, explore its diverse attractions, and the different activities it has to offer by clicking the button below.
UBC Robson Square
The UBC Robson Square is centrally located in downtown Vancouver and is walking distance to several SkyTrain stations. The UBC Robson Square is an extension of the UBC Point Grey campus and is proud to partner with UBC Extended Learning, UBC Sauder School of Business, and the Office of the Vice President, Research and Innovation. Leaders in business, government and our community rely on our facilities that provide space for remarkable events and experiences across all sectors, with full-service support for conferences, meetings and seminars. The UBC Robson Square facility holds 55,000 square feet of welcoming meeting rooms, reception spaces, and a unique theatre. We offer flexible room configurations – just let our event planning team know what you need.
Early Bird Price
Regular Price until October 27
- Entrance fee
- Meet Top Immigrant Professionals
- 2 Coffee Breaks and Lunch
- Award Winning Keynote
- Access to Exhibitors
- BC’s Top Employer Panel
- We would like everyone to attend. Therefore, we have a limited number of tickets reserved for delegates who are experiencing significant financial difficulties and are unable to pay the admission fee.